For science, we have been learning about all the characteristics that living things do that means they are living.
We will be successful if we talk about some of the things something needs to do to be living.
Breathe, Eat, Drink, Reproduce, Move, Grow
We decided to do some guess who writing for you!
We chose a living thing and wrote a description of this living thing. Can you guess what my one is....
It's a bird!
I am learning to understand and use some familiar food vocabulary
I will be successful when I can identify kai pictures and say the words correctly.
We are learning about Pitch
- High and low sounds
- Creating a pitch map
- Making ascending and descending melodic patterns
We are learning about beat and rhythmic patterns.
At Music with Mr McCallum we sing songs. I think it is fantastic because I like singing songs. We go to Music every Thursday. We do it at Oaklands School. We also sing some fun songs that have actions with the song.
We are learning to sort shapes by their characteristics
We will know we are successful when we:
- use words like - shape, line, straight, curved, corners, edges, sides
- think about different ways to sort the shapes
- talk about how and why we sorted the shapes
Your moving toy needs to:
- Have a body that can hold a plastic teddy bear.
- Have at least two wheels that move by themselves.
- You can push it to start it moving
- Move past the 1 metre line at the bottom of the ramp.
(Click to enlarge)